Well, as in all things in life, this morning's run was crafted ahead of time and all I had to do was show up.
It all started yesterday when I was fully prepared to run 17 miles on my normal loop. I was called back to the YMCA for an "emergency" in the kids' room, which is where my kids hang out while I run. When I got back, I discovered that there was, in fact, no emergency at all. Now, normally, this interruption would have shattered my ever so scheduled life, but I took it in stride and decided to push my long run back one day and do some speed drills at the gym. Little did I know...
I woke up this morning ready and excited for my run. I started my pre-run routine at 7am with a planned start time of 8am. Everything seemed to run smoothly...the kids got up, ate breakfast, got dressed and started playing before I left. Everyone planned to wait on me to get back to go to the late service at church. I started running and there was a calm peace that fell over me. I felt good. I felt strong. I felt excited. Still, little did I know...
Someone met me there. Someone planned for me to be there. Someone waited on me this morning. This morning's run had nothing to do with running...it had everything to do with an intimate love affair that I have had for years. I have fallen in love with my Maker and He romances me like no other. The sun was bright but not hot, the wind was subtle but not overpowering...but that wasn't the key...it was the silence that was breathtaking.
Often, I find myself caught up in life and the busyness that it brings. This morning, my Lover brought me to Him...just to be alone. From the start, I wasn't in control of my path...I had a guide...a Trustworthy, Loving, Fair guide. Looking down, I saw blades of grass standing up straight...looking up, I saw trees with all their fortitude reaching to the sky. I heard crickets and bees buzzing around me. I saw a bull with strength in its horns. Everything around me was worshiping...and I was invited to this party. My focus, my breathe and my strength all depended on where He wanted me to be at that particular moment. Sometimes those moments brought chills, sometimes tears...but all of them brought renewed strength. It was a breathtaking reunion.
Yesterday I had a close friend tell me that, when I am around, I light up the room. Now you must understand, this light has nothing to do with me...it is all about the God that lives inside of me. I am honored that God chose to chase after me...and there is no compliment greater than someone recognizing His love for me. If you ask if I am bragging...I am. I wear my Light prouder than any pair of running shoes I own.
Sometimes, in life, little do we know that Someone is orchestrating an intimate date that requires nothing more than for you to simply show up.
About Me
- runningfever79
- Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
- Love running. Love attention. Love food. And LOVE ME SOME GOD!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's awesome alli! this made my day and put a good perspective on life! it's such a blessing to see that God is everywhere and when we recognize that, it makes everything better! girl, you need to start writing a book....you can write!
ReplyDelete